- 60% Enlisted Servicemembers
- 40% Officers
- 86% Male
- 14% Female
- 27% are 40 years old and older
- Average Age: 35 years
- 20% are interested in small business/entrepreneurship
- 37% do not identify themselves as white
Mentor Survey Results
In March and September 2014, ACP individually surveyed each Mentor paired in the program for six months or more to measure their satisfaction with the program. 1,804 Mentors were surveyed, with 1,522 responding (84%). Each Mentor was contacted by phone or e-mail and was asked the following questions regarding their participation in the program:
Question 1: Are you glad that your company is participating in ACP?
- Yes: 1,518 (>99%)
- No: 1 (<1%)
- Unsure: 3 (<1%)
Question 2: Would you recommend ACP to a friend or colleague?
- Yes: 1,513 (99%)
- No: 3 (<1%)
- Unsure: 6 (<1%)
Question 3: Would you consider being a Mentor again in the ACP program?
- Yes: 1,458 (96%)
- No: 12 (1%)
- Unsure: 52 (3%)
Protégé Survey Results
ACP individually surveys each Protégé who has been paired in the program for six months or more to measure their satisfaction with the program. As of September 2014, ACP has received 3,571 responses to the survey. Each Protégé was contacted by phone or e-mail and was asked the following questions regarding their participation in the program:
Question 1: Would you recommend the program to a fellow veteran?
- Yes: 3,417 (96%)
- No: 26 (<1%)
- Unsure: 117 (3%)
- No Response: 11 (<1%)
Question 2: Was the ACP mentoring program valuable to you in one or more of the following areas:
- Learn about career opportunities: 2,338 (66%)
- Build a network of professionals: 2,191 (61%)
- Improve my résumé and interview skills: 2,110 (59%)
- Translate my military experience into civilian terms: 1,907 (53%)
- Refinement of civilian career goals and professional ambitions: 1,554 (44%)
- Better deal with work/life balance issues: 1,234 (35%)
- Obtain a job: 1009 (28%)
- Learn how to advance at my current job: 927 (26%)
- Determine if I should go back to school: 920 (26%)
- Learn how to deal with a difficult boss or colleague/improve interpersonal relationships: 799 (22%)
- Other: 438 (12%)
- Learn how to start my own business/build my own business: 395 (11%)
- No, the program was not valuable: 71 (2%)
4,336 veterans are ACP Alumni as of September 2014.
What is an ACP Alumnus? An ACP Alumnus is a veteran Protégé who participated in an ACP mentorship for at least 6 months and expressed that his or her mentorship has proven valuable in a variety of professional-development areas.